Childsplay Clothing Liverpool Fashion Week 2015

Who knew that Liverpool’s very own Fashion week could showcase such talented designers and artists equivalent to those in London and the other fashion capitals? Well that is exactly the case proven on Monday night when the event, organised by Amanda Moss kicked off, bringing a touch of class from children’s clothing to the creations of unique boutiques. On Monday night, The Liner Hotel opened its doors to being centre stage for the upcoming designers and was a perfect setting for this year’s nautical theme. The models ranged from adorable diva-like youngsters to elegant fashionistas.

liv fashion week

Photo Credit: www.liverpoolfashionweek.co.uk/

The stand out designer on the catwalk was on the opening night from North West designer Erica Wildflower with her Diamonds are Forever collection – bringing back to life the Marilyn Monroe and Grace Kelly influenced in a truly unique form. From quirky printed dresses to daring sequined hotpants, Wildflower brought the essence of Hollywood to the streets of Merseyside. The supporting music for the catwalks came from Juicy FM DJ’s and they even turned their DJ’s into temporary supermodels as they added their personality to the stage. The penultimate showcase to the night came from the British classic, John Lewis. Models of all shapes and sizes took to the stage to present the body confidence image, which Amanda Moss promotes, and flawlessly brought the John Lewis A/W 15 collection to life. The collection transported the culture of late 1960’s Britain and injected into the vintage revival of the present day with the warmth of autumn colours and Parisian chic accessories.

The Fashion Week started with such a high that the rest of the week had a lot to live up to. Not only did it live up to the challenge, the final night climaxed in absolute triumph.

The Finale to the Fashion Week took place in the Liverpool Marina Bar and Grill which provided a perfect picturesque set to the nautical theme as pictured boats and yachts floated in the backdrop. Main sponsors Childsplay Clothing came out in full force on the night as the diva like kids danced and modelled around the stage showing fashion bursting with excitement and personality. To add a touch of class to the evening Rule One London and Spoilt Boutique showcased their elegant collections with evening dresses that would fall off the backs of Bond girls and in preparation for those Scouse Winter evenings – the must have faux fur coats. The elegance continued into the conclusion of the week as Niche displayed their bridal collection and had every audience member in awe as the dresses spoke for themselves; all fit for a princess.

All in all, curator of the event Amanda Moss pulled out all the stops this week in proving what Liverpool has to show and how they have a place to stand on the Fashion map. Pretty soon Liverpool will be standing high with the big dogs and will be the talk of the town with Ana Wintour.

Helen Rabbitt

More Arts & Culture

A Midsummer Night’s Dream @ The Epstein Theatre // 25th April 2017
Interview with Christopher Kline // Director of O.K. – The Musical
O.K. – The Musical @ Tate Liverpool
Hidden Figures // LSRadio Film Review
Spotlight On… Liverpool Marrow Society