Interview: Idle Frets

Four talented musicians meet by chance, where a one off gig changed their fate and future as we know it, a small moment in history where the successful Liverpool indie pop band was created – Idle Frets.

A few weeks ago, I got the chance to meet the incredible Idle Frets and interview two members from the band: Erin, who plays the drums and Ben, who is the lead singer. The pair spoke about how the band met in high school and came together through a one off gig, their influences for the new single ‘Glow’ and how their different preferences in music help create their upbeat indie sound, and what it was like completing their first full UK headline tour…

“It was nice to leave Liverpool and to see people who knew who we actually were and what we were doing.”

Idle Frets consider themselves an indie pop/rock band that are influenced by many different genres and artists, Erin explained that each member brings a different aspect of music to the band and their sound. She explains, more recently she’s been listening to and being inspired by a lot of 1975, Saint Raymond but then listens to Biffy Clyro and even bands like Mcfly! Ben also let us in on his little guilty pleasure that he loves to listen to Little Mix!

The band have recently just been on their first full tour and I asked them out of all the many cities they played in which ones were their favourite; Erin favoured Brighton stating that she hadn’t been there before the tour, whilst Ben had most fun in London. Other places they played include; Edinburgh and Chester.

The pair also explained their complete amazement with true modesty from the tour that they harbored fans all over the country and in Scotland as Erin goes on to say; “It was nice to leave Liverpool and to see people who knew who we actually were and what we were doing.”

Both Ben and Erin expressed their excitement for the upcoming year and look forward to the future especially with their release of the single, it looks as though the band are going to continue smashing it in 2017 with many more gigs accompanied by some more awesome music!

Their new single ‘glow’ is now available for download on iTunes, also available on their Soundcloud and Spotify.

If you would like to listen to the rest of the interview you can here:

https://www.mixcloud.com/LSRadio/idle-frets-interview/

Grace Dutch

More Interviews

Interview with Christopher Kline // Director of O.K. – The Musical
Interview: Maximo Park
Interview: Mollie Marriott (09/04/17)
Interview: Palace (11/04/17)
Interview: Circa Waves