An Introduction…

Hello there. 

Sitting comfortably? Then lets begin.

With the whole world and its neighbours voicing their opinions on the good, the bad and the often ugly music industry, one could be entitled to ask, what could possible be the use of another music blog? What unique selling point is left to be utilised in a desperate attempt to draw people to this web page in this new age of twitter, tumblr, facebook and a virtual reality that we all live every day through the internet? 

The only answer i can give is that this blog is as much for the writers involved as it is for any readers that might care enough to peruse our posts. The LSRadio Music Team consists solely of students from the University of Liverpool, budding music writers, radio producers and presenters. Some have been writing about music in some form or another since they could start their own myspace account, for others, this is their first foray into the over-populated world of online press. This blog serves to help any and all of the above to develop their writing style and provide an online portfolio of their work. Former LSRadio contributors have included Radio 1’s Nick Grimshaw and Newsbeat’s Tulip Mazumdar plus countless others who have progressed into the competitive careers that benefit from the skills developed whilst involved in Student Radio.  

From your side what can this blog offer? How about a truly interactive review website where your opinions matter as much as those of our bloggers? Feedback to us on our writing styles and tastes, disagree with us or agree with us. Do it nicely though! It’s all good. It’s all healthy. 

Add to that the absence of any hidden agenda, a complete lack of trend setting, hipster, pretention. This aint no NME. This is genuine and honest, student opinion on the latest ideas, artists and bands that that homogenous body we call ‘the music industry’ is spewing out.

Thanks for supporting student media. Stay tuned for what’s to come…

Chris

(Editor)