Kat’s 60 Minute Mix
Kat’s 60 Minute Mix

Picks of the Week// MONEY

At The Blade Factory on Friday 8th November, Manchester band Money make their triumphant return to Liverpool, following their now famous show at Leaf back in March. Initially known for their series of shows at the unique venue of The Bunker in Salford and releasing singles on the Sways Records imprint, they were quickly snapped up by the independent label Bella Union and became one of the country’s most talked about new bands. The band, led by the charisma and energy of frontman Jamie Lee, are known for their phenomenal live shows that feels both immersive and inclusive; as if you were a part of a truly communal experience. Their debut album ‘The Shadow of Heaven’ was finally released in August to unanimous acclaim; scoring 9/10 from This is Fake DIY and with 8/10 scores from the NME, The Guardian and The Fly. The combination of their guitar textures with an ethereal atmosphere has seen them compared with Talk Talk, Sigur Ros, Arcade Fire and early Verve.

This is surely not one to miss, so get yourselves down to The Blade Factory on Friday 8th November to see the band that soon the whole world shall be talking about. Below is the video to their recent single ‘Hold Me Forever’, stunningly directed by actor Cillian Murphy (Batman, Inception, 28 Days Later). 

/Joe Hallsworth

Mac Demarco @ Mountford Hall (21/11/2017)
Sylvan Esso @ EVAC (10/11/2017)
Metallica @ Manchester Arena (28/10/2017)
Emily Barker @ Leaf – 8/11/17