Dropout Radio
Dropout Radio

Bugged Out Weekender// Who’s Who

Bugged Out Weekender is coming to Southport on the 7th-9th of March, bringing with it the very best in electronic music for a weekend of hedonistic beat bliss. In Honor of this LSRadio thought we’d give you even more reasons to get up there by running through some of our favorite acts playing the weekend.

Ben Pearce;

image

Having being launched to a position of underground as well as mainstream notoriety via his 2013 single ‘What I Might Do,’ Ben Pearce has managed to garner an ever growing reputation for his fresh take on deep house. Easy on the ear but relentless in its urge to force moves from the most lead-footed listener, Ben manages to inject the energy of a live set, acquired while cutting his teeth as a DJ in Manchester, into well crafted, well written tracks. With so much expectation and promise already resting on this young man’s back, you can’t help but wait in anticipation to see what Ben Pierce does next, and his Friday slot is set to be one of the weekend’s highlights.

Daniel Avery;

image

Peckham-based producer Daniel Avery burst onto the scene in a flurry of techno and house last year with his debut LP, Drone Logic. Having perfected his trade as a resident DJ at London’s Fabric, Avery’s crisp, throbbing beats and immersive tunes caught the ear of critics and fans alike, making him a jewel in the crown of 2013. With the ability to both craft expansive, engaging tracks as well as put on a stimulating DJ set, you would be wise to keep very close tabs on this exciting young talent, with his Friday set the perfect time to witness Avery’s musical prowess first-hand.

Boddika;

image

With influences noted as ranging from Prince to Detroit Techno and a love of using machines not found in most studios, it’s fair to say Boddika is unique in the world of electronic music. His trademark dark, profound beats are both gritty in their delivery, as well as unwilling to resign themselves to any specific genre. In a world of increasingly polished and mastered music being released, Boddika’s raw approach is something to be admired, and secures his position as one of today’s most exciting musical ventures. Performing as the final act on the Sunday, this is not an opportunity you will want to miss.

Tickets

/Ben Lynch