Warpaint// O2 Academy Liverpool/ 20.2.14

California’s Warpaint come to the O2 Academy on Thursday 20th for the Liverpool leg of their UK tour. The band released their eagerly awaited third album ‘Warpaint’ early this January, so this will be your opportunity to hear their new songs first hand.

On listening to the album it seems that Warpaint have once again cast their brooding spell on listeners with their moody blend of Lindberg’s grungy bass and Kokal’s piercing vocals. Lead vocalist Emily Kokal commented that their introduction of drum machines and influences of R&B create an ambience that is “more than just standard rock”. It is a sound you can totally submerge yourself into and the dark halls of the 02 Academy, along with the indie four-piece’s entrancing performance on stage, are more than certain to capture you in that place of undivided attention.

If a night that promises dark, entrancing melodies that you can float along to sounds like your thing, then it is well worth catching Warpaint before they return to the other side of the Atlantic.

/Lorna Poultney