Sound City// Who’s Who

Liverpool Sound City is taking over Liverpool on 1st-3rd of May, bringing the most exciting break through artists to our doorstep! We feel it’s only right for LSRadio to give you a break down of the artists you should be getting to know.

And So I Watch You From Afar

image

Originating from Belfast, experimental and post-rock group And So I Watch You From Afar already had two albums and two EPs under their belts when the ‘All Hail Bright Futures’ album came out on March 15th, 2013. Signed to Richter Collective in the UK and Sargent House in the US, the band will be playing at Liverpool’s Sound City Festival as part of their global tour, having swept through Europe’s festival scene before setting more dates for summer. Comparable to a hardcore version of Two Door Cinema Club, And So I Watch You From Afar intend to return to the studio later in 2014 to work on new material after what promises to be a festival ridden summer.

Rae Morris

image

With reports of tears in the audience caused simply by her subtle instrumentals and powerful voice, the poignant lyrics of Rae Morris are projected above booming orchestral sounds which lend themselves perfectly to live performance. Opening for Bombay Bicycle Club at the O2 in March, the Blackpool girl will be returning to Liverpool for Sound City following the release of her new single ‘Do You Even Know?’. With Reading and Leeds on her festival timetable later this year, Rae broke into the UK music scene through ‘BBC Introducing..’ and has been making her presence known ever since. Reminiscent of Emily And The Woods in terms of vocal style and with live performances which make a packed room fall silent, Rae Morris is certainly worth the hype.

Amber Run

image

Debuting online with a cover of Imogen Heap’s ‘Hide and Seek’, Nottingham’s Amber Run wasted no time in building an online following and are currently on their debut UK headline tour supporting growing sensation Kodaline. With solo vocals drawing comparisons with Bastille, it may not be long before we see the Amber Run boys follow in their footsteps to success, the four part vocal harmonies and expansive indie rock instrumentation lending themselves to stadium venues. With their latest single ‘Spark’ released on 20th April, the band will be playing at Liverpool Sound City before heading to the Dot To Dot, Great Escape and Isle of Wight Festivals this summer.

Tennis

image

Originally from Denver, Colorado in the US, the indie pop group Tennis consists of married couple Alaina Moore and Patrick Riley, alongside drummer James Barone. With an EP and studio album released in 2010 and 2011 respectively, Tennis released their second album ‘Young & Old’ in February 2013 (produced by Patrick Carney of The Black Keys fame) and new EP ‘Small Sound’ almost exactly a year later. Liverpool’s Sound City Festival will be the first of many tour dates this month including Live At Leeds and The Great Escape in Brighton, before the group return to the US for the second half of May to support Haim on their US tour.

/Emily Rose Clark