Oxjam Liverpool Takeover – PREVIEW, 18.10.14

Rarely does the opportunity arise to both give to a charitable cause AND indulge in an array of wonderful music, but that is precisely what is going to be happening this Saturday in Liverpool. With over fifty acts performing over a sixteen hour period and across seven venues, Oxjam Liverpool Takeover is set to run our beautiful city wild. If you’re after a weekend which sits on the more visceral side of things, Maguire’s Pizza Bar has it covered with the likes of The Hyena Kill and Pocket Apocalypse. If the idea of spending your day indulging in a mixture of talks, live shows and DJ’s is more your cup of tea, then head down to The Observatory to catch local legend Greg Wilson‘s new record label Super Weird Substance present the penultimate leg of their Super Weird Happenings tour, which is being hosted in conjunction with both Oxjam and Freeze. Whatever it is that takes your fancy, Oxjam will have it on offer. And when the money you spend is going to aid those who need it most, who can say no.

Words: Ben Lynch

Ben Lynch
This post from our Music Team was uploaded by Ben Lynch, LSRadio's Deputy Head of Music.