The Jolly Hour
The Jolly Hour

What’s On?! 24-29.11.24

KATE ARMIGER @ EVAC, 24.11.14

The Texan solo singer songwriter makes her way to Liverpool this Monday as part of the U.S Girls with guitars tour. With five Billboard chart singles under her country belt, it’s only a matter of time that this Sugar Land lass will be rocking her way up the UK Official Chart just like the early Taylor Swift days. So The Arts Club is the place to be on Monday Night if you want country vibes and just some darn tootin’ fun!

Tickets Here

Words: Helen Rabbitt

THE CROOKES @ EVAC, 25.11.14

Forged from the city of steel this four-piece indie rock band are bound to set EVAC alight on Friday night, with their catchy tunes and edgy vocals. After the release of their brand new album ‘Soapbox’ earlier this year, the band are embarking on a UK tour with support from home town mates Laurel Canyons. This is guaranteed to be a night of great music from a band who are bringing something new and fresh to the world of music.

Tickets Here

Words: Laura Copestake

MERCHANDISE @ THE KAZIMIER, 26.11.14

Well into a mighty EU tour, Merchandise will be bringing their unique brand of lurid, sun-drenched indie/punk conflation to The Kazimier this Wednesday. Swapping alligators for seagulls, the Florida outfit may not find much in the way of vitamin D upon their visit to Liverpool, but with tracks like ‘Green Lady’ and most recent single ‘Telephone’, the audience at least will provide a warm reception. Their musical journey has been a transformative one until now, swapping the punk underground of yesteryear for the more surreal ends of wonderfully dissonant indie – a prospect that makes Wednesday’s upcoming set unquestionably enticing.

Tickets Here

Words: George Aird

COASTS @ EVAC, 26.11.14

With Foals and The Cure influences, Bristolian five piece indie band Coasts, are sure to jam it out on Wednesday night as they headline the Arts Club. Following the release of their most recent single ‘A Rush of Blood’ the band are using this UK tour to showcase their upcoming EP of the same title, with a hotly anticipated December release date to show their growing fan base just what they can expect from the future album. If your music proclivities aligns with that of Zane Lowe and Huw Stephens, then Wednesday night at EVAC will not disappoint.

Tickets Here

Words: Helen Rabbitt

BEANS ON TOAST @ SHIPPING FORECAST, 28.11.14

Rising from the London folk scene in 2005, Beans on Toast has entertained audiences across the country with his catchy, truthful songs. After supporting Frank Turner on his UK arena tour and a busy festival season including Y-Not and Glastonbury, Beans on Toast is back with a new album ‘The Grand Scheme of Things’ out December 1st. Expect to hear some of his new material as well as some of his old iconic songs which will leave the audience laughing, dancing and singing along. With support from Will Varley, another talented singer songwriter, this gig at The Shipping Forecast is not one to be missed!

Tickets Here

Words: Laura Copestake

BY THE SEA @ THE EPSTEIN THEATRE, 29.11.14

Local Wirral lads By the Sea are the fruits of former ‘The Coral’ frontman Bill Ryder-Jones’  labour, and have supported him throughout his solo career. Now well established in their own right, By The Sea are concluding their nationwide tour at the historical Epstein Theatre this Saturday, which promises to be a show like no other. Playing melodic guitar pop, enriched with Liverpudlian musical influences, By the Sea are ‘the least pretentious band you’ll meet’ (Ryder-Jones) which is transmittent in their music. A homecoming appearance, that amalgamates the best of Liverpool’s vast musical history, in a venue that has showcased such bands – you won’t want to miss out on what looks set to be a career defining show for the band.

Tickets Here

Words: Katie Tysoe

ALT TRACKS CLUB NIGHT @ THE ZANZIBAR, 29.11.14

The Zanzibar club is back to present another night of varied musical talent. Champions of local music, the venue has put up yet another roster of up-and-coming artists sure to impress those even with the most pretentious ear. With sets from Stereo Electric Mistress, Mono LPs and Killaflaw, it looks like 43 Seal Street will be a bastion of musical refuge amid the neighbouring horror that is Concert Square, this Saturday night.

It’s FREE

EDITORS CHOICE:  BY THE SEA

George Aird
This post from our Music Team was uploaded by George Aird, LSRadio's Head of Music.