SeaWitches: Stars

SeaWitches

Moody, brooding and intensely engaging, the upcoming release of new single ‘Stars’ affirms that the growing hype surrounding SeaWitches is far from misplaced. Moody post-punk aesthetics and lazy guitars form the bedrock of the track, but it is the laments of lead singer/guitarist Jo Herring which give the track its striking and pervading darkness. ‘’The sky has no stars’’ may be the first line of the song, though it’s telling that it could easily be mistaken for ‘’this guy has no soul’’ were it not for the over-emphasis on the last word, a lyric which would have fitted equally well.

Having supported the likes of Eagulls and Giant Drag, the track certainly doesn’t surprise anyone who has been following the band for any period of time. Currently signed to Edge Hill University’s The Label Recordings, run by Carl Hunter and previous home of Hooton Tennis Club, the four-piece are tipped for big things, and this outing suggests they are suitably prepared for it.

SeaWitches are performing with The Little Secrets at Wilbraham Road, Chorlton, Manchester this Saturday (7th) to launch the new single, as well as supporting Hooton Tennis Club at The Shipping Forecast on the 20th February.

Facebook 

Soundcloud

Bandcamp

Twitter

Words: Ben Lynch

Ben Lynch
This post from our Music Team was uploaded by Ben Lynch, LSRadio's Deputy Head of Music.