Radiolane: Here Comes The Rain Again EP

Radiolane

Exploding onto the Liverpool music scene is indie rock band Radiolane with their new EP Here Comes the Rain Again. This five piece ensemble give nothing but energetic melodies and intrinsic lyrics and this EP is one you could listen to over and over again.

The EP kicks off with ‘Bringing Me Down’, a fusion of smooth, catchy rhythms which are complimented with relaxed vocals. When the lyrics begin the song itself gives off an almost Oasis-like vibe but Radiolane make it their own with a distinctive guitar line and prominent drum beat.

Before You Go’ is the next track on the EP, which begins with a heavier guitar/drum beat than the previous track before breaking out into a mellower tune. The song balances brilliantly between a pop like chorus and a rockier guitar tune. It can be seen as the ‘ballad’ of the EP, but it still possesses a catchy upbeat rhythm.

Here Comes the Rain Again’ has more guitar presence than the previous songs and it almost feels as though the previous songs on the EP have built up to this one. The vocals are more clear and crisp and the whole track showcases the talent Radiolane have as it once again differs slightly in style to the previous songs but overall still fits in perfectly in the EP. The backing vocals of the other band members compliment the instrumental in the middle of the song seamlessly and leave the listener hanging on for the last track.

The EP closes in an explosive fashion with ‘Last Night’. After the previous songs this one is filled with punchier guitar lines and vocals and it’s almost as though Radioland are ‘letting their hair down’ with this track as you can feel the natural talent oozing from each lyric, riff and drum beat. Again it is pushed along with a rocky undertone whilst still retaining the pop like beat. It creates an energetic end to the EP and leaves the listener wanting more.

Overall this is a beautifully produced, foot tapping EP which clearly shows Radiolane are ready to leave their mark on the music scene. It’s a mixture of catchy rock/pop songs which are good enough to contend with any other band in the charts. Radiolane are another brilliant example of the talent circling the Liverpool music scene and I look forward to what they have in store next.

You can stream the whole album on the band’s Soundcloud

Laura Copestake
Laura Copestake is a student at the University of Liverpool.

More Album Reviews

ALBUM REVIEW: Sampha – Process
Lower Than Atlantis – Safe in Sound
Amber Run – For A Moment, I Was Lost
You Me At Six – Night People
ALBUM REVIEW: Metallica – Hardwired to Self-Destruct