Whats On?! February 17th-22nd

KATE TEMPEST @ THE KAZIMIER, 18.02.15

Spoken word, poetry, hip hop, whatever Kate Tempest‘s genre is she excels in it. The multi-award winning poet-come-songwriter makes an appearance at Liverpool’s Kazimier this Wednesday, touring after her very successful first album, Everybody Down, that had critics raving. With a very real depiction of the lives of young people in the area she grew up in alongside music that sends shivers up your spine it is obvious why there has been such a fuss made about this album. Her new single Bad Place for a Good Time, has carried on the high quality set by her album, so 2015 is looking positive for this South London girl. This is genuinely a gig I cannot wait to get to, might be one of the highlights of the year.

Tickets Here

Words: Ruben Murphy

ORLA GARTLAND @ EVAC, 18.02.15

This beautifully talented, red-headed Irish singer songwriter is heading back out on a UK tour after the release of her new EP ‘Lonely People’. Orla is bound to set the East Village Arts Club ablaze on Wednesday evening with support from fellow musician Martin Luke Brown. If you love catchy, feel good music and new exceptional talent look no further than this gig!

Tickets Here

Words: Laura Copestake

EVERISLAND: TOKIMONSTA @ CAMP & FURNACE, 19.02.15

If there’s one man you’re going to trust when it comes to recommendations for beat-making artists, it’s going to be Flying Lotus. So when an act comes around who is signed to his prestigious Brainfeeder record label, you know you’re going to be in for a good night. Que LA-based Tokimonsta. Having collaborated with the likes of Thirsty Fish and MNDR, Tokimonsta, otherwise known as Jennifer Lee, has built a reputation on the back of consistently refreshing beats and innovative remixes. Bringing to the table takes on tracks by the likes of Justin Timberlake and Andreya Triana, Tokimonsta’s classical upbringing allows her to forge sonic landscapes unlike anyone else in the business. A rare treat, with Liverpool being the only UK gig Tokimonsta has coming up, and with support coming from Sertone, Wywh and Inkarta DJ’s, it is an opportunity to experience something nuanced, eclectic, and inspiringly unique.

Tickets Here

Words: Ben Lynch

THE WOODLAND SOCIAL W/ LUNA @ BALTIC SOCIAL, 19.02.15

An interstellar lineup awaits visitors of The Baltic Social come Thursday night. “Join us in the wild for a night of ethereal sounds” invites an event which promises a scaled down, but no less impressive, semblance to Everisland’s theatrics of recent times. Music for the evening comes in the form of four exciting up-and-coming acts, comprising of singer-songwriter Silje, alternative indie quartet Seprona, Norwegian soul-pop exponent Aspen Home and of course the headline act LUNA. Performing on the back of her debut single release, Run Run Run, LUNA’s set is both hotly anticipated, and carries enough gravity to draw in a sizeable orbit of admirers. For a night of mysterious woodland antics and beguiling art – seldom experienced without sitting through A Midsummer Nights Dream – be sure to make the trip to Baltic Social later this week.

FREE ENTRY

Words: George Aird

THE SUNDOWNERS @ THE KAZIMIER, 20.02.15

Only days after releasing their self-titled debut album, recorded almost entirely live in Liverpool’s own Parr Street Studios, the local lads and lasses are bringing their first ever headline tour to The Kazimier this Friday. Recently shortlisted for the GIT award and on the back of touring with Kasabian, their defined harmony infused psychedelic rock sound is set to impress.

Tickets Here

Words: Poppy Maddocks

FIESTA BOMBARDA @ ST GEORGES HALL, 21.12.15

This Saturday at St Georges hall we see the return of Fiesta Bombarda, and it’s their biggest one yet! As always, they will be providing us with the best reggae rhythms and soul sounds with performances from Helena Johnson, Euphony, London Afrobeat Collection and Mungos hi-fi. Headliners, Mungo Hi-Fi, are a glaswegian band who has had collaborations with the likes of Major Lazer and Ranking Joe.  This is an event you definitely wouldn’t want to miss out on, doors open at 7pm and it finishes at 1am with last entry at 10pm.

Tickets Sold OTD for £22

Words: Alice Pearce

BLOSSOMS @ THE KAZIMIER, 22.02.15

Psychedelic pop hits up The Kazimier in the form of Blossoms. The 22nd of February is the date to get up and close to one of the UK’s hottest new groups, Blossoms having recently been featured in XFM’s List of Hot New Acts and Spotify’s Hot New Bands list. Latest single “Cut Me and I’ll Bleed” is sure to get you groovin’ on the floor – the band is on these lists with good reason.

Tickets Here

Words: Luke Halls

EDITORS CHOICE – KATE TEMPEST

George Aird
This post from our Music Team was uploaded by George Aird, LSRadio's Head of Music.