What’s On?! March 9th-15th

LUCY ROSE @ EVAC, 11.03.15

Playing her first UK headline tour in 18 months, Surrey born singer-songwriter Lucy Rose is set to take EVAC by storm on the third day of her March tour. The indie folk singer has returned from touring with pals such as Bombay Bicycle Club and Noah and the Whale, to grace the UK with her second upcoming album ‘Work It Out’. Now in the countdown to its release release (July 13th), she promises to showcase some of her new material, which sees her original folk-inspired songs infused with a more upbeat sound. If her new single ‘Our Eyes’ is anything to go by, this is night you definitely won’t want to miss!

Tickets Here

Words: Poppy Maddocks

BC CAMPLIGHT @ LEAF, 11.03.15

With the release of his first album in 8 years ‘How to Die In the North’, Brian Christinzio – also known as BC Camplight – is heading back out on tour with his band and is stopping off at Leaf on Bold Street. With an array of musical styles, from the ‘sunshine’ pop of the 60s to a more modern psychedelic vibe, BC Camplight is sure to produce a night of beautifully arranged atmospheric music in one of the Liverpool’s favourite venues.

Tickets Here

Words: Laura Copestake

ELEVANT ‘DREAMFACE’ ALBUM LAUNCH @ DISTRICT, 13.03.15

Elevant are back with their second LP Dreamface and what a return it will be for the psych-alternative-rock troupe. With support from Pocket Apocalypse a local band that wear their emo hearts on their sleeves and Mothers, a three-piece who exert a lot of noise, your ears will be ringing for days after at the very least. Sheffield punk-grungers Steel Trees complete an array of heavy contemporaries on the night’s bill. As headliners, Elevant will treat us with their shifting sonic guitars, bass cranking riffs and floor-cracking drum beats, all encapsulated in the new album Dreamface. Check out our review of the album, and you will struggle to talk yourself out of what looks set to be an awesome, in-your-face gig not for the faint-hearted, and at an exciting new venue District. What better is there than a massive mosh-sesh on a Friday night?

Tickets Here

Words: Katie Tysoe

WE WERE PROMISED JETPACKS @ EVAC, 14.03.15

The four piece indie-pop group We Were Promised Jetpacks come to Seel Street’s East Village Arts Club this weekend. Forming while still at High School in Edinburgh the boys moved to Glasgow soon after graduating to pursue their musical career, following in the foot steps of fellow Scots Frightened Rabbit and The Twilight Sad. They soon picked up traction on the indie music scene there, earning themselves a support slot on the 2008 Frightened Rabbit tour and a record deal soon followed. As the guys matured so did their music, moving from simple song structures to a more complex and altogether deeper style, but still retaining the energetic spark that got them where they are today. Touring after the release of their 3rd Album ‘Unravelling‘, they have found their way to Liverpool and will no doubt be putting on a lively and enthusiastic performance this Saturday. Looking forward to this one!

Tickets Here

Words: Ruben Murphy

Editors Choice: Lucy Rose

George Aird
This post from our Music Team was uploaded by George Aird, LSRadio's Head of Music.