New & Noteworthy
New & Noteworthy

Communion New Faces Tour @ Studio 2, 20/11/15
Image Credit: Communion New Faces

Image Credit: Communion New Faces

Towards the end of November, Studio2 hosted to a night of brilliant music from four of the best up and coming artists currently circulating the music scene.

First up was Jack Watts who got the night going with a blend of melodic songs. With his EP ‘Red Shortbread’ having been released earlier this year Jack showed off his collection of tracks on both the guitar and piano. His vocal ability left the audience silent throughout.

Next up was Dan Owen who took to the stage with a guitar and harmonica. Dan’s deep voice mixed well with his slower songs such as ‘Fall Like a Feather’ but the power behind his voice was showed off most in songs such as ‘Splinter’. Ending with ‘Little Red Rooster’, an upbeat song with an incredible harmonica solo, Dan had the audience cheering and dancing along.

Flyte then took to the stage and kept the dancing going with songs such as ‘Light Me Up’. With psychedelic beats and mesmerising vocals the band kept the atmosphere relaxed and it was clear they were having a great time on stage, having a laugh with the audience in between songs.

Finally was the turn of Seafret, a due from Bridlington who wowed the audience with a set full of strong songs. Tunes such as ‘Oceans’ and ‘Give Me Something’ showed a more relaxed side to the pair’s music and focused more on the beautiful guitar playing of Harry Draper. But contrast these songs to those such as ‘Be There’, where Jack Sedman’s powerful vocals were backed by a bigger range of instruments, such as guitar and drums. Songs like this show just how diverse and talented the duo are.

Communion Music’s ‘New Faces’ Tour is all about showcasing great new music and every tour offers something different. These four artists together created a gig that was diverse, captivating and overall brilliant.

Laura Copestake
Laura Copestake is a student at the University of Liverpool.