VANT @ LGOS (19/10/16)
Image Credit: Noisey.vice.com

Image Credit: Noisey.vice.com

As the cold October nights draw in and the looming pressure of third year deadlines haunts the back of the mind, a little pick me up was definitely needed and on Wednesday night that came in the form of strong minded and genuinely lovely rockers, VANT. Speaking to them earlier on in the day, frontman; Mattie Vant and guitarist; Henry Eastham were very much looking forward to what the Scouse crowd had to offer and proving as to what makes this city one of the best. 

Mountford Hall was brewing with veteran followers for You Me At Six and it was time for VANT to make this crowd work up a sweat (the lack of air conditioning definitely assisted at points) before the big boys came to town. Frontman; Vant led his band onto stage and stormed straight into the bass tingling and vocally distinguished The Answer and before you had chance to bring the bevvie to your lips the crowd responded with a vocal uproar. These lads know how to hypnotise a crowd. I’d never seen a frenzy for a support slot like it in my life and in that instant VANT worked their musical magic gaining hundreds into their dedicated fanbase.

Members of the Christian Union in attendance would have to cover their ears or say a prayer for the attitude enriched Jesus Was A Conman as this track showcased why these fellas are one of a kind in the current industry. Strong and rightful political views oozed through the sleek instrumentals whilst Vant and Morris exemplified the true definition of showmanship.

Recently released single, Peace and Love was indulged by the crowd like a kid in a sweet shop. The performance spoke truth on how chaotic the world has become and how we just need peace and love right now rather than a world full of war, spiraling economy and Trump. VANT speak for the people and do that successfully through creative lyrics and polished instrumentals whilst classically headbanging those luscious locks (good hair equals even more success. Fact.)

Before concluding their fiercely fueled set the band were sure to thank the crowd in making this night one of the best ones yet. A grateful cheer was also made to the bar staff as Vant stated ‘you wouldn’t be having anywhere near a good enough night if it weren’t for these guys’ which is all in all perfectly true, another reason making this band one of the good ‘uns as an opportunity for a session never goes amiss.

Finalising on their single Do You Know Me? And the answer to that is VANT is if this supreme crowd didn’t know it already then they sure do now. The near future is going to be an explosive time for these lads so get the fireworks and the party poppers at the ready. VANT are here to stay.

We caught up with the VANT lads prior to the show, listen to the full interview below:

Helen Rabbitt