Kat’s 60 Minute Mix
Kat’s 60 Minute Mix

BEST OF THIS WEEK’S BUNCH: 13th – 19th March 2017

Steve Pilgrim @ LEAF 16.3.17

Liverpudlian Steve Pilgrim headlines LEAF on Thursday and is bound to have an impressive turnout following his latest video release and anticipation towards Morning Skies album release on Friday 24th March. Pilgrim made his way onto the scene drumming for The Stands leading onto his association with Paul Weller.

Weller influence is very much prominent in Pilgrim’s sound particularly throughout the harmonious Love on Your Side. The acoustics of the Bold Street venue are perfect for carrying the authentic vocals of this talented artist and is sure to make for an outstanding performance.

Photo Credit: Steve Pilgrim Official

Tickets available online via Skiddle 

Natalie McCool @ 24 Kitchen Street 17.3.17 

St Patrick’s Day in the Pool is one of the biggest parties in the country so musicians have jumped at the opportunity and this year, it’s gigs galore! One of those artists is the brilliantly talented and homegrown female singer-songwriter, Natalie McCool.

An essence of BBC Introducing, Liverpool’s McCool has built a rewarding fanbase and figures such as BBC Radio 1’s Huw Stephens and Alice Levine are active followers. Debut album, The Great Unknown was released at the end of last year, projecting an astonishing authenticity in songwriting and unique vocals. McCool is the cool lady of pop and is an excellent example of the hardworking females in the business. Her live performances provide their own atmosphere and can simply be described as breathtaking.

An intimate gig, not to be missed on Friday evening.

Photo Credit: Stephen Dunkley

Tickets available online via Songkick

Dub Phizix & Strategy @ 24 Kitchen Street 17.3.17

24 Kitchen Street are on fire on Friday night, with not just one incredible Natalie McCool but shortly followed by the bass music dons, Dub Phizix & Strategy!

Worried About Henry presents Dub Phizix & Strategy at one of Liverpool’s top music venues. For a set to be a sold out event do not hold on to get tickets for an unmissable night of drum‘n’bass blended with dub and electro from the Manchester duo. Support is from the Nuusic DJ’s, so what is a better way to celebrate St Patrick’s Day then with a good skank; thanks to the Worried About Henry crew. Expect bass heavy tunes from Dub Phizix & Strategy and hits such as Buffalo Charge and Marka.

Having a BBC residency and an internationally acclaimed Fabriclive mix as well as playing UK festivals such as Boomtown and being on this year’s line-up for Outlook, a set at an intimate venue such as Kitchen Street is not to be missed.

Photo Credit: Worried About Henry

Tickets available online via Skiddle and the official event page.

Words: Sophie Carter

VO5 NME Awards Tour Presents: Blossoms @ Liverpool Olympia 17.3.17 

What’s that? Blossoms? In Liverpool? On the 17th March?

Yep, fresh off the back of a BRITS nomination for British Breakthough, Stockport five-piece Blossoms return to Liverpool for a sell-out show at the Olympia. This gig forming part of the 13 date VO5 NME Awards Tour 2017, the indie headliners will be joined by support from Mossley lads, Cabbage, who are making their own stamp on the neo-post-punk scene, as well as fellow Stockport act Rory Wynne. Essentially, this is going to be a night to remember with cataclysmic acts in an atmospheric venue, and boy, are Blossoms on a roll.

Following this tour, the band are taking their live show to Europe and North America, stopping off for a stint at Coachella before heading back to the UK for Reading and Leeds festivals. Friday’s Liverpool show (and in fact the vast majority of the tour) is now sold-out, so tickets are a no go, but hey, just in case you hadn’t caught on yet and needed a heads up – Blossoms are going to be huge, and soon.

Photo Credit: Jenn Five

Words: Cecily Sheppard 

All Time Low @ Liverpool Guild of Students 18.3.17 

Following on from their stint and Reading and Leeds festival in 2015, and their UK arena tour last year, All Time Low are set to bring their high energy pop-punk rock show to the Liverpool Guild of Students on Saturday.

Forming part of their world tour, this show is not to be missed for any fan of the band. Touring their highly anticipated new album, Last Young Renegade this show is set to be full of the classic favourites such as Lost in Stereo and Weightless but also debuting new music from their forthcoming 7th studio album, including the latest release, Dirty Laundry. So if you’re up for reminiscing over your early secondary school emo days, get yourself down to The Guild on the Saturday night to see the best thing to come out of Maryland since the chocolate chip cookies.

Photo Credit: Kerrang!

Support on the night comes from SWMRS & Waterparks.

Tickets available online via See Tickets & Ticketmaster 

Words: Naomi Gillies 

Featured Photo Credit: John Johnson 

Helen Rabbitt

Mac Demarco @ Mountford Hall (21/11/2017)
Sylvan Esso @ EVAC (10/11/2017)
Metallica @ Manchester Arena (28/10/2017)
Emily Barker @ Leaf – 8/11/17