Last Tuesday I had the ultimate pleasure of going to see one of my favourite bands in the music scene at the minute. In the middle of their UK tour, Palace headlined the Buyers Club with support from Liverpool’s very own Echo Beach and the amazingly talented Babeheaven.

After having a lovely chat with the lads before the gig about their tour and the success of their debut album ‘So Long Forever’ I was eagerly anticipating to see how the night went… and of course it did not disappoint.

Liverpool’s own Echo Beach opened the night presenting their ‘surfgaze madness’ as they’d like to call it, a mix between surf-rock and shoegaze and well… you probably get it. Performing songs such as ‘Athena’ much similar to the sound of The Cure they also included an instrumental cover of their song ‘Lullaby; a great opening to the night the were shortly followed by the beautiful sounds of Babeheaven.

Babeheaven

Babeheaven

Now, after hearing nothing but good praises about Babeheaven I was intrigued into seeing what they had to offer, mixing melodies and guitar riffs with the beautiful voice of lead singer Nancy Andersen the audience seemed mesmerised entirely with their captivating performance. It goes without saying that seeing Nancy sing so effortlessly and gorgeously was simply beautiful to witness.

One great feature of Buyers as a venue would be its inescapable intimacy, casually working their way through the packed out crowd, Palace took to the stage.

Palace

Palace

Not at one single moment did the quartet disappoint; listening with such intent to every beat, riff and lyric the Liverpool crowd recognised the pure talent and passion that Palace displayed. Performing songs off their album including ‘Bitter’, ‘Holy Smoke’ and ‘It’s Over’, the band carries elements akin to Hozier with melodic guitar riffs and the incredible voice of frontman Leo Wyndham being almost identical to the Irish singer-songwriter.

It is evident that Palace has the ability to succeed in every way possible, the only way for this band is upward from here and they have every reason to; being incredibly down to earth and chilled alongside their worthy talent, its almost impossible not to love these guys!

Palace’s debut album is available to listen and download through Spotify, Deezer, iTunes, Amazon, Google Play and Apple Music.

Featured Photo Credit: Gary Coughlan – getintothis

Alice Pearce

Thundercat @ Invisible Wind Factory, Liverpool (24/3/17)
PREVIEW: FestEvol Gardens @ Invisible Wind Factory (30/4/17)
Pinata Carnival: Skinner’s Lane w/ Black Pulp & Native Kings @ Buyers Club (23/3/17)