Vibes with Rozza
Vibes with Rozza

On Saturday night indie kids Sundara Karma took to the stage of the Mountford Hall to play their debut album ‘Youth is Only Ever Fun in Retrospect’ to a packed out crowd with support from Willie J Healey and The Magic Gang.

Since watching them perform an exceptional set at the O2 Academy Liverpool last February, I have become an avid fan of Sundara Karma. Anticipation was high for an equally outstanding experience the second time around and, Sundara did not disappoint.

From the slower, melodic tune of Vivienne’ showcasing the members’ extensive vocal skillsets through various harmonies, to the more upbeat and arguably most successful track ‘She Said’ which was performed with such energy and passion that the audience could not help but dance and sing along with them; the entire set was a success.

Though often seen in more ‘wacky’ outfits, the band adorned matching plain shirts and trousers, mirroring the minimalist backdrop of three large, illuminated circles, a modest nod to their most recent album artwork. Despite the matching outfits, the members’ individuality was not lost, with frontman Oscar Pollock displaying rather feminine pink eyeshadow and a gold necklace, reflecting the ‘alternative’ nature of their sound.

Sundara Karma provided a thoroughly dynamic and entertaining performance, echoed in the sheer level of energy and enjoyment present in the crowd which failed to be deterred even when the fire alarm was set off. This appears to be just the beginning for the band and I look forward to see where they go next.

Photo Credit: Sundara Karma Facebook

Harriet Banfield

More

University of Liverpool Men’s Rugby League – Angus Parkin, Captain : Interview
Catholic Action @ The Shipping Forecast (03/03/18)
Liverpool Strikes Could Continue as UCU Reject Pensions Deal
End of the F***ing World – Netflix Show Review
The Singh Twins: Slaves of Fashion at The Walker Gallery