Unsigned, Sealed, Delivered
Unsigned, Sealed, Delivered

PREVIEW: Doc’n Roll Film Festival 2018

Doc’n Roll Festival returns to Liverpool this March for its third edition with an eclectic six-day programme of film premieres taking place at the FACT Picturehouse and The British Music Experience.

Doc’n Roll will be showcasing a series of films focusing on wide-ranging subjects on everything from pioneers of American grunge punk L7, the extraordinary Ella Fitzgerald,  jazz icon John Coltrane, recently-revived seminal post-punk outfit The The, the bubbling underground Techno scene of Iran, Manchester’s infamous electronic scene, and matters shedding light on the lack of female representation in the music industry.

However, the big local draw for the Doc’n Roll Film Festival this year will be the UK premiere of a documentary about Liverpool’s own Merseybeat heroes: The Big Three; which will tell the band’s incredible story for the first time in depth in Todd Kipp’s Some Other Guys – The Story of The Big Three.

To add to the cinematic experience, many of the films will also have post-screening Q&As with the directors and their musical accomplices, as well as DJ sets and live music themed on the films including legendary Liverpool DJ and former Haçienda resident Greg Wilson among others.

Doc’n Roll Fest launched in 2014 on a mission to show recognition to the under-the-radar music films that are largely ignored by risk-averse film programmers and to grow audience appetite and enjoyment for a wide range of independent British and international films.

The festival presents their audience with the opportunity to watch these films as they were designed to be watched – LOUD.

Doc’n Roll Festival takes place from 28 March to 1 April.

Check out the full lineup and purchase tickets here:

Alex Williams
Music Submissions Editor and Technical Support

More Arts & Culture

End of the F***ing World – Netflix Show Review
The Singh Twins: Slaves of Fashion at The Walker Gallery
‘The Kite Runner’ at the Playhouse
Kaleidoscope: Colour and Sequence in 1960’s British Art
PREVIEW: Doc’n Roll Film Festival 2018