On Air Now
On Air Now

SHOW SPOTLIGHT: Decibel rock hour – Friday 3pm

In 2019, rock music may not be the cultural force it once was, with fewer bands seemingly now able to really break through into the mainstream. Yet the reality is that the rock scene is producing some absolutely brilliant bands right now, both here in the UK and abroad. Whether it be pop rock, punk, indie, or metal, there’s so much good stuff out there that it can be hard to make sure you’re not missing out on the potential next big thing. That’s where myself and LSRadio come in!

Decibel’ is the resident rock block on LSRadio, airing every Friday afternoon at 3pm and featuring all the hottest new rock that you need to hear. If you want tracks from the likes of Marmozets, Bring Me the Horizon, PVRIS, Estrons, Milk Teeth and more, be sure not to miss it! 

Its not all new stuff though, as each episode also features a healthy dose of classic tracks ranging from the 70s to the 00s. In an average episode you could hear a Queen classic, followed by some 90s grunge, and then the brand-new single from Yonaka, one of rock’s hottest prospects. There really are no rules – if it rocks, you’ll hear it here.

In each episode I also spotlight a hot prospect from Liverpool’s music scene, including artists such as Primyl Vinyl, Zuzu, Skinner’s Lane and The Hydra, so you may just discover your new favorite local band by tuning in to Decibel.

I also update a Spotify playlist every week with the tracks heard on the show. Just search for ‘LSRadio Presents Decibel’, and you can rock out to your heart’s content!

So don’t forget – Fridays at 3pm right here on LSRadio!

Follow the LSRadio Music Team on Twitter @LSRadioMusic

Daniel Moore

Maverick Sabre @ Arts Club, Liverpool 06/04/19
PREVIEW: Trixie Mattel @ Mountford Hall 7/03/19
Sound City 2019 news: Loads more artists added to the line-up!
Persian Hugs @ 02 Academy Liverpool 14/12/18