WELCOME WEEK EVENTS ANNOUNCED BY GUILD

Liverpool Guild of Students has announced what’s in store for the university’s Welcome Week freshers event, and we’re giving you the lowdown. 

Welcome2015

Saturday 19th September – 22.00

If you’ve arrived by then, you can take the opportunity to get to know some other freshers by attending the Guild’s Welcome Mixer. Music will be provided by the university’s resident DJ to set the mood for your first night as a University of Liverpool student. Tickets will cost £5 on the door and entry to this event is not included in a Welcome Wristband.

Sunday 20th September – 21.00

By Sunday, most freshers will have moved into halls, so it’s time to start your uni life for real! Collect your wristband and free Welcome t-shirt before heading to Mountford Hall to witness the talent of DJ Jaguar Skills. He’ll be headlining your Welcome Party, which will also feature stilt walkers, balloon artists and magicians, as well as an outdoor trailer stage. Entry is free with a wristband or £8 on the door.

Monday 21st September – 22.00

Monday night is set to see Wilkinson take to the Guild’s stage. Hot from headlining Radio 1’s dance stage at Reading and Leeds festivals, the hit-making DJ will be accompanied by support from MC Dynamite. Entry is free with a wristband or £9 on the door.

Tuesday 22nd September – 19.00

Tuesday’s welcome events will start a little earlier with Comedy Central presents: Sean Walsh and friends. The ‘Mock the Week‘ and ‘Celebrity Juice‘ regular promises to bring a very funny show for you to sink your teeth and ears into. Entry is free with a wristband or £6 on the door.

Wednesday 23rd September – 19.00

Tonight sees indie rockers The Pigeon Detectives take over the Guild. A band that’s toured with the likes of The Kaiser Chiefs and Dirty Pretty Things, this is set to be a huge show! Entry is free with a wristband or £10 on the door.

Thursday 24th September – 22.00

Danny Jones, of McBusted and McFly fame, takes to the DJ decks on Thursday night of your Welcome Week! He’ll be launching your brand new Thursday night event, Union, bringing a massive house and electro set to the Guild’s stage. This will all be happening whilst a paint party is also taking place. The Guild will provide the paint, just wear white and prepare to go home beautifully coloured! If you want to witness Danny Jones and a lot of paint, entry is free with your wristband or £7 on the door.

Friday 25th September – 19.00

Get your free candyfloss and popcorn ready as you take a seat on a comfy beanbag to watch Jurassic Park on the big screen in the Guild! Entry is free with your wristband or £2 on the door.

Saturday 26th September – 22.30

Prepare for the ultimate welcome to Liverpool complete with show stopping performances from Sub Focus at your Welcome Ball. Team that with an epic silent disco, fire breathers and stilt walkers and you’ve got yourself a night to remember! Entry is free with your wristband or £18 on the door.

Sunday 27th September – 19.00

The first Biq Quiz of the year is ready to take you on! So grab your new friends, make a team name, and battle it out before Welcome Week comes to a close for this year.

For any more info, head on over the the Guild website.

Cecily Sheppard

Liverpool Bus Strikes – What Students Need To Know
Heinz Takes Beans Bus to Williamson Square
Merseyrail Strikes Continue This Week
Welcome to Liverpool – A (Very) Short Round Up of the Guild
ANNOUNCED: Welcome Week 2017