£1.5 million attraction comes to Albert Dock

Fireman Sam, Bob the Builder and Thomas the Tank Engine are about to become the newest residents of Albert Dock.

The largest toy brand in the world is soon to make an impact on Liverpool. To be installed in the Grand Hall, Mattel Play! Liverpool will be an interactive, 13,000 sq ft attraction and the first of its kind in Europe.

The £1.5 million development will be in safe hands- operated by respected company Heritage Great Britain plc, which handles iconic tourist attractions such as Land’s End. The company’s CEO, Allan Leech, noted that “We already have the experience of running some of the biggest visitor attractions and landmark brands in the UK.

“We are the custodians of the iconic Land’s End, John O’Groats, Snowdon Mountain Railway and The Needles and now for these great British children’s brands.”

Albert_Dock_(133319715)

Mattel was ready to praise the location for their newest investment, with Julie Freeland, Senior Director of Global Live Events & Attractions saying “the architectural splendour of Albert Dock provides the perfect backdrop for launching our first Mattel Play!”

Sue Grindrod, Chairman of Albert Dock was positive about this “considerable’ investment”, adding “This attraction adds an exciting new dimension to the diverse and family-friendly offer at Albert Dock which is the North West’s most visited tourist attraction. We are confident that this addition will bring a positive impact on the wider waterfront.”

Mattel Play! Liverpool is on schedule to open in Spring 2016.

Words: Ally Dinning

Elinor Rice
Second year Communications student. Head of News.

More Local News

Independent Liverpool announce new food market
Liverpool City Council Budget Meeting Round Up
UOL Help the Homeless Society & The Shoebox Full of Love Appeal
Hillsborough Verdict: 96 unlawfully killed
Viola Beach enter the UK Top 20