Harry Potter play to be a SEQUEL

Following the announcement earlier in the year that a Harry Potter play was in the works, JK Rowling has revealed that the new production will in fact be a sequel to her best-selling Harry Potter series.

Harry Potter and The Cursed Child will be the eighth installment of the Harry Potter story, and will be based upon the life of Harry and Ginny Potter’s son, Albus.

Featuring a cast of over 30, the play is written by Jack Thorne and directed by Olivier Award winner John Tiffany.

In a post on the play’s official website, the production summed up the play with:

“It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.”

The official artwork for the play has also been revealed:

potterplay 2

Potter star, Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood), took to Twitter to express her excitement at the news.

Harry Potter and The Cursed Child will hit the London stage next summer, with preview performances starting from 7th June. Tickets go on general sale on Friday 30th October.

(Feature and Article Image credit: www.harrypottertheplay.com)

Cecily Sheppard

Students vote to rename Liverpool Guild’s Aung San Suu Kyi room after Kitty Wilkinson
Lab Report: Puppies in the Guild
Wellbeing Week (8th -12th May) : What’s On
Dr. Stuart Wilks-Heeg’s French Election Night Playlist
French Election : Voting begins in the presidential run-off