Sherlock Christmas Special to be shown in cinemas

Martin_Freeman_+_Benedict_Cumberbatch

The BBC has announced that the Sherlock Christmas special will be shown across the country on cinema screens.

Sherlock: The Abominable Bride will be broadcast live on the big screen across more than 100 UK locations at the same time the episode is shown on BBC One.

The episode, which is a one-off, will be a little different to what fans of the series are used to – The Abominable Bride will be set in Victorian London, rather than the programme’s usual modernised setting.

One second year English student at the University of Liverpool commented about how “It will be interesting to see how Moffat’s characterisation compares to Conan Doyle’s original text now Sherlock has returned to Victorian England.

The BBC’s decision to broadcast on the big screen comes after the success of the 50th Anniversary episode of Doctor Who, The Day of the Doctor, which was also shown in cinemas around the UK.

Sherlock: The Abominable Bride will come to our screens, both big and small, on New Year’s Day.

(Feature and Article Image Credit: “Martin Freeman + Benedict Cumberbatch” by Saschaporsche – Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons)

Cecily Sheppard

Welcome to Liverpool – A (Very) Short Round Up of the Guild
ANNOUNCED: Welcome Week 2017
Students vote to rename Liverpool Guild’s Aung San Suu Kyi room after Kitty Wilkinson
Lab Report: Puppies in the Guild
Wellbeing Week (8th -12th May) : What’s On