Guild announces plans for Summer Festival

The plans for the Guild’s first ever summer festival have been announced.

The Guild have decided to move away from their usual Summer Ball and instead host a festival which is completely free!

The all-day festival will be held in and around the Guild starting at midday on Friday 3rd June. Throughout the day there will be a variety of Independent Liverpool food stalls covering University Square whilst Abandon Silence will be taking over the Courtyard with their DJs. Festival buzz is sure to be in abundance!

As the night time festivities commence, Liverpool’s infamous Bongo’s Bingo will be taking over the Mountford Hall for a special edition of their hugely popular event. Usually taking place at the Camp and Furnace on a Thursday, this is bingo like you’ve never seen before – there are dance-offs, raves, and wacky prizes. (This will be a free but ticketed event so look out for when the tickets are released on the Guild website!)

To top off the night there will be live music from Riot Jazz in the Mountford Hall. This 9-piece Jazz band from Manchester are bound to fill the dance floor with their mix of soul, funk and aggressive jazz.

Vice President of the Guild, Rosie O’Donnell, said:

We’re really excited about our first ever Summer Festival. We’re taking all the things you love about Liverpool and bringing them together for a very special end of term celebration. It’s just a great chance to unwind and enjoy yourselves after all the stresses of exams and coursework.”

Laura Copestake
Laura Copestake is a student at the University of Liverpool.

Students vote to rename Liverpool Guild’s Aung San Suu Kyi room after Kitty Wilkinson
Lab Report: Puppies in the Guild
Wellbeing Week (8th -12th May) : What’s On
Dr. Stuart Wilks-Heeg’s French Election Night Playlist
French Election : Voting begins in the presidential run-off