EXIT POLL – The SO Elections Broadcast 2017

THE SO ELECTIONS BROADCAST 2017

FRIDAY 10TH MARCH 7PM // LIVE ON LSRADIO

Election fever is here at Liverpool Guild of Students, Liverpool Students’ Union, and Liverpool Hope Students’ Union. We are delighted to announce that LSRadio, Looprevil Radio and THIS Radio, are coming together to produce The SO Elections Broadcast 2017, which will be broadcast live on LSRadio this year on Friday 10th March from 7pm!

The broadcast will consist of running commentaries, live interviews, and of course revealing the newly elected or re-elected student officers for each student union.

In addition to this exciting collaboration, we would like to invite you to complete our student EXIT POLL, where we will be asking who you voted for this week, to determine our predictions for this year’s Student Officer Elections – the results of our exit poll will be revealed live at the top of Friday’s broadcast.

THE RESULTS – As revealed on The SO Elections Broadcast 2017

This Exit Poll was comprised of 40 responses from students who voted for their respective Universities. It was concluded that the low respondent rate was perhaps due to the late release of this exit poll, which was on Wednesday 8th March 2017. The results were as follows:

University of Liverpool (Liverpool Guild of Students) – The Top Four Candidates

• Sean Turner
  • Ananda Mohan
  • Oba Akinwale
  • Rory Hughes OR Grace Farnham

Exit Poll predicted correctly – with exception of Rory Hughes very closely making it to the Vice President position

Liverpool John Moores University (Liverpool Students’ Union) – The Candidates with Most Votes for their Positions

• For President – Daniel Crombleholme OR Bahrom Bin Mohd Isa
  • For VP of Activities – Jamie Parr
  • For VP of Community Engagement – Ryan Seager
  • For VP of Academic Quality – Ellie Backhouse (by default as only running candidate for position)

Exit Poll declared too close to call, as data was insufficient and contained many anomalies

The elected candidates were Yasmin Ibrahim (President), Rachael Smart (VP Activities), Howisha Charlery (VP Community Engagement) and Ellie Backhouse (VP Academic Quality)

Liverpool Hope University (Liverpool Hope Students’ Union) – The Candidates with Most Votes for their Positions

• For President – Jack Johnson
  • For VP of Education – David Seow
  • For VP of Welfare and Community – Jessica Marran

Exit Poll predicted correctly that Jack Johnson would be elected

The elected candidates were Feidhelm Doolan (VP Education) and Vanessa Ospina (VP Welfare and Community)

Mikey McCusker
Mikey McCusker
Co-Station Manager

More Guild Elections

NUS Delegates for 2018 Announced
AND YOUR NEW STUDENT OFFICER TEAM ARE…
#SOask – So what ARE the SO Candidates’ favourite memes?
LIVE: The new SROs are announced