ANNOUNCED: Welcome Week 2017

The Wait is Over…

Excitement is in the air on campus, as the Liverpool Guild of Students  announced the 2017 line-up for their annual Welcome Week last Tuesday (1st August), which will run from 17-23 September 2017. For many students, both freshers and seniors, Welcome Week is the first stop into starting or returning to student life here at the University of Liverpool – and this year’s line-up is sure to be a big welcoming committee!

Sean Turner, the Guild President, welcomed the announcement of this year’s acts, saying:

“We’re really excited about this years’ Welcome programme which is already getting loads of interest from students – it’s a great line up there’s something on it for everyone. It’s great that we’ve introduced more variety to the events, and because each event is individually ticketed, it’s better value for money for students as they can take part in as much as they’d like.”

The Line-Up!

The Guild will be welcoming a whole host of acts, including Hot Dub Time Machine on Sunday 16th September, featuring Hot Dub aka. DJ Tom Loud from Sydney, Australia – who has toured worldwide and graced many stages including Leeds Festival and Coachella! (Check out their website here!)

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

They’ll also be welcoming Craig Charles (Yes! THE Craig Charles), who’ll be DJ-ing his Funk and Soul All-Nighter; a Beach Party for Welcome Club Night: featuring Blazin’ Squad (Ooo all that 2000’s nostalgia!) and Love Island’s Marcel, who was in fact a former Blazin’ Squad bandmate himself. Love Island fans will surely not be quick to forget Blazin’ Squad’s somewhat… baffling surprise appearance on the Reunion show.

Last but not least, hilarious comedy from Russell Kane – who will be sure to give a good ‘kaneing’ for Welcome Week!

And if that wasn’t enough, there’s also a screening of the Disney Pixar classic Up in the Guild Cinema; and a totally awesome Westeros themed Banquet for you Game of Thrones fans. And yes – fancy dress is encouraged! But watch out for cello players though, as we all know what happens once they start playing ‘The Rains of Castermere’

Finally, there’s the ever popular Welcome Quiz Night, and the ‘must-go’ Welcome Fair (21-22nd September) – where you’ll get to meet and even join the wonderful societies and charities that the Guild plays host to (*cough* Join LSRadio *cough*). And let’s not forget of course: there will be LOTS of free Domino’s Pizza, so you’ll have no excuse for not going!

TICKETS GO ON SALE via the Guild website on 17TH AUGUST 2017!

https://www.liverpoolguild.org/welcome

Images courtesy of Liverpool Guild of Students

Mikey McCusker
Mikey McCusker
Co-Station Manager

Merseyrail Strikes Continue This Week
Welcome to Liverpool – A (Very) Short Round Up of the Guild
ANNOUNCED: Welcome Week 2017
Students vote to rename Liverpool Guild’s Aung San Suu Kyi room after Kitty Wilkinson
Lab Report: Puppies in the Guild